Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
This position is responsible for driving sales and profit in the accessory category for Verizon Wireless. This person will create and drive strategy and product assortment and owns the strategic view and long-term strategy for the department. Their actions will directly reflect on the success or failure of this category. The person must develop a strategic vision of the department integrating customer insight, competitive information, market intelligence, sales results and emerging trends,
• Strategic planning for multiple product categories such as wearable and device protection items (Including designer brands), wireless connectivity and music products, power management systems and the future of power management and hands-free.
• Vendor management of the current 55 accessory suppliers and emerging smart accessory suppliers. Vendor management includes performance measurement to VZW, field support status and monthly data feed reviews from such reporting, financial reporting reviews for select suppliers and contract enforcement. Vendor selection is continuous with the many accessory vendors and the emerging smart accessory business.
• Managing profit and loss of a $1 billion business for accessories. Requires monthly analysis of our performance verse budget, working with finance to maintain and communicate this reporting, communicating this performance to the regional and area presidents as well as the area V.P.’s. Alterations to the current pricing or promotional plans must be done to make sure we achieve these budgetary targets.
• Roadmap development with all the current core suppliers and extends to each of the 15 categories of accessories we offer as well as new smart accessory devices
• Lifecycle management reviewing movement and performance of all 1000 products offered, changes to the business for new solutions making old product obsolete and managing through supporting handset devices that have left the line up as long as a year prior.
• Managing a team in the US as well as in Asia to support our vendor direct purchasing program.
• Retail pricing management includes a monthly review of over 1000 accessory products offered by VZW. This review includes competitive analysis of current market conditions, new products that could affect our retail pricing, inventory levels of “Sell Off” items and slow moving inventory products who’s pricing needs to be altered. Retail pricing also includes all promotional activity done by HQ, developed and executed by the accessory product team and once that steam from area requests.
• Contract management and negotiations for VZW include all business elements and interaction with suppliers and many internal Verizon groups (Such as finance, inventory and risk management).
• Cost negotiations are a continuous part of this role. Cost’s are reviewed on volume products which exceed planned purchases, products which have been in the lineup for some time who’s development costs have been realized and products which need to be offered for a lower value but can’t be due to the high cost of goods.
• Market analysis includes everything from past performance measurement, to current market conditions, to future opportunities and obstacles effecting the VZW strategies.
• Presenting data to senior staff to understand our short and long term strategies on the multiple products.
*10 years of product or program management * 7+ years of management experience * 5+ years of financial planning or budgeting experience * 5+ years of retail experience preferably managing accessory product line * Knowledge of customer purchasing habits or decision making * Knowledge of product management processes and tools * Negotiation and contract management * Knowledge of the wireless market and companion product categories * Financial planning and budgeting * Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to work with cross functional teams, including Finance, Legal, and HR and have a demonstrated history of gaining alignment with leaders internally and with external companies. * Ability to communicate and set priorities and expectations throughout all levels within the organization. * Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex projects, and resolve conflicts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.