Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
This position is responsible for developing bottoms-up budgets and related key assumptions for CS and producing analytical support/financial modeling for more complex budget impacting projects dealing directly with functional organization, area and/or department leaders. This position is also responsible for reviewing forecasts and operating budgets monthly to identify and analyze trends affecting budget needs and make recommendations for outlook/best view as well as actions to be taken to ensure conformance to budgetary limits. The position produces in-depth analysis of variances (e.g. headcount, financial and operational statistics) to identify root cause business drivers and produce actionable recommendations, develops business case analyses/models to support business initiatives and develops presentations for senior leadership, providing insights and recommendations. The position works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business drivers and trends.
• Develop and deliver Enterprise-wide and Area-specific monthly financial and operational statistics reporting and analysis, including but not limited to: cost center/cost code, Area/Department variance analysis, headcount and monthly flash and close packages – as they relate to target and year-over-year performance.
• Develops business case analyses and models, providing insights and recommendations, in support of strategic business direction.
• Partners with HQ organization, Area and functional department leaders in developing forecasts for the Enterprise CS budget, outlook, and best view submissions – to include expense, headcount and capital requirements.
• Incorporates capacity plans, acquisitions and functional realignments into planning models.
• Develops and presents information for senior management.
• Works cross functionally to develop operational analyses to support National strategic initiatives.
• Minimum of 4 years financial analysis and / or budget experience
• 2+ years of customer service trends and key business drivers.
• 2+ years Wireless industry experience with fluent understanding of associated business drivers.
• Proven financial modeling skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated, effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible
• Working knowledge of Peoplesoft financial systems and Essbase.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, expert in Excel.
• Strong leadership and communication skills required.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• General knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Other:
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and have a strong customer focus
• Independent worker and strong decision-maker
• Ability to effectively relay complex information to others in any level of the business
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a high-energy, dynamic, and sometimes unstructured environment
• Teamwork oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.