Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
Optimizes the network using traditional means. Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service. Works on customer complaints and trouble tickets by examining/interpreting performance metrics (i.e. dropped calls, throughput rates) and data to determine what issues are most impactful. Typically addresses 6-12 issues per day—several times per week must conduct drive testing/field visits to resolve customer complaints and improve areas of troubleshooting. Configures systems and adds new equipment to network. Turns on new cell sites, making sure site is properly integrated into network and optimized for peak performance. Interfaces with all levels of management. Collaborates with other Network groups, (e.g., real estate, RF design, system performance, construction, etc.). Typically manages multiple projects at a time. Uses traditional means of finding and resolving system issues. Utilizes multiple tools to optimize system performance.
Responsible for, but not limited to, troubleshooting and resolving system problems both at the air interface and backbone level, eNB (E-Utran Node B), PDSN (Packet Data Service Node), RNC (Radio Network Controller), AP(Application Processor), MME (Mobility Management Entity), AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting Server), HSS (Home Subscriber Server) SGW (Serving Gateway) and PGW (Packet Gateway), COIN (Community of Interest), IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), ISP (Internet Service Provider) and IP (Internet Protocols), hand off/hand over failures, frequency related issues, interference, poor session completions, poor task failures, poor signal levels, low data rate/throughput and data capacity, latency, jitter, time to first byte, scheduler delay and resolving customer service issues in a timely manner. Assist operations/performance/networks teams in troubleshooting of escalated network issues impacting wireless networks. Responsible for developing metric reports, monitoring and reporting on network data performance metrics, capacity thresholds and trending for the data (EVDO/LTE) network, including all regionally managed IP (Internet Protocol) network platforms. Support the implementation for all Inter-Area data initiatives and serve as the technical interface. Build and maintain technical interface position with local, area and HQ data teams. Support the planning & development of 3G1X(3rd Generation data technology) , EVDO (Evolved Data Optimized) and LTE (Long Term Evolution) Wireless. Interact with vendors to drive product modifications & improvements to better meet customer requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related degree. Master’s degree a plus. 2-5 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications’ industry. Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access. Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are required. Strong troubleshooting skills. Strong problem solving abilities. Moderate to minimum supervision over work product. Works independently on routine research and reporting functions. Demonstrated project management skills. Required - drivers license and good driving record
• BS in Electrical/Computer engineering
• 3 plus years IP(Internet Protocol) networking experience with a complete understanding of IP internetworking and routing.
• Thorough understanding of the OSI(Open System Interconnetion) Model.
• Complete understanding of OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) and BGP(Border Gateway Protocol).
• Working experience with Cisco, Nortel and Juniper routed and switched network devices.
• Working knowledge of PDSN(Packet Data Service Node) operation and engineering practices
• 2 years wireless 2G/3G/1xEVDO experience.
• Knowledge of Transport technologies including DWDM(Dense Wave Division Multiplexing) and SONET (Synchronous Optical Network)
• Working experience with technical writing and documentation (Microsoft Office Tools, Visio, Outlook, etc)
• Understanding of the Unix operating system.
• Understanding of Sniffer software and hardware analysis tools.
• Understanding of MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) connectivity and configuration.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility by attempting alternate solutions to resolve issues, and adjusting to a dynamic, changing business environment
• Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed. Overnight travel may be required.
• Ability to demonstrate good communication skills by communicating, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner; listening attentively; applying appropriate grammar; and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
• Valid drivers license. Preferred:
• Router & Network Test Equipment Experience
• Experience with OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
• Perl (Practical Extracation and Report Language) knowledge.
• Understanding of Firewall hardware and software.
• CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification
• Previous experience in RF (Radio Frequency) design or RF performance preferred. Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following platforms and/or technologies: System Performance including RF system optimization techniques for data for Ericsson, NSN, and/or Lucent infrastructure
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.