Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
The Network Regulatory/RE Specialist is responsible for daily decision making and task/project management to ensure that assigned projects are completed within stated timelines. The Specialist is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and filing applicable regulatory applications for wireless transmission sites in order for VZW to remain in compliance with the governing regulatory body. This position has end-to-end responsibility to develop, implement and manage all cell site regulatory processes for new cell site locations, modifications and relocations. Assignments could also involve new cell site build plan, existing cell site modifications, or ongoing cell site property management. The position includes but is not limited to: ° Professional level knowledge of regulatory processes as applies to Wireless real estate and general business practices as it pertains to the telecommunications industry. ° Background in Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and State Historic Preservation Organization (SHPO) guideline, rules and regulations. ° Responsible for ensuring proper FCC, NEPA, FAA and SHPO requirements are met. ° Tracking and filing of all regulatory documentation in order to obtain FAA and FCC approvals to build or modify cell sites. ° Experience with TCNS filings, Section 106 filings, tower registration ASR filings, 1A survey filings, tow air studies ° Closely monitor the build process and participate in project meetings to update all members of the team with the status of each site under development. ° Ability to work autonomously and under heavy pressure to meet deadlines and established commitments ° Possess excellent time management skills as well as an acute attention to detail and accuracy. Position responsibilities may also include:
• Interpret and understand VZW policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to third party vendors.
• Identify, analyze, and resolve real estate and lease-related issues as needed to meet internal or external deadlines and reporting requirements.
• Successfully negotiate and work with all types of Landlords and their agents in order to preserve the Company’s rights and meet the Company’s contractual and regulatory obligations.
• Identify and resolve network critical or site critical issues requiring immediate escalation to the Network leadership team.
A four year degree is required. Minimum 3 years directly related work experience in the wireless industry. Prior experience with the following is preferred: FAA OE/AAA web site. FAA determinations. FCC's Universal Licensing System (ULS). FCC’s Antenna Structure Registration System (ASR). Wireless telecommunication networks. Database administration. Regulatory, Legal or Network experience. Strong team, interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Proficient in Excel and Power Point and the ability to learn new computer programs and database tools. Other preferred skills/experience include:
• Experience in legal, contract management, or project management.
• Knowledge of land use and zoning procedures, real estate acquisition and finance.
• Knowledge of local & regional zoning, planning, and environmental standards and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to read and interpret contracts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.