Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of complex confidential and administrative duties in support of our House Counsel Attorneys. Duties include: opening files, following up on legal discovery, paying bills, incoming and outgoing mail, ordering supplies, photocopying and scheduling. Legal experience is preferred, but not required. The Administrative Assistant works independently on various projects with general direction from attorneys.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school education with 3-5 years of prior administrative work experience in a business office environment supporting a professional team.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Legal terminology and procedures
- Litigation and insurance defense experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with a good working knowledge of the following software applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent typing skills with special attention to grammar and accuracy
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
- Strong time management and organizational skills required to provide support to a large group of professionals.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, annual merit reviews, and annual bonus potential. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive, flexible benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, and a 401(k) plan. We're looking for top notch legal assistants who are driven, have passion for connecting with customers and have a proven track record of high performance and solution-based legal strategies.
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.