Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Picture a career where you lead a team of attorneys at an innovative Fortune 500 company. Redefining the auto insurance industry since 1937, Progressive is one of the largest providers of personal auto insurance in the U.S. Working at Progressive means having extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work with diverse, bright colleagues in an innovative, dynamic atmosphere, where results are rewarded.|
This position supervises House Counsel attorneys and/or support staff including employment decisions, performance management, compensation and reward planning, employee development and monitoring of department budget. This position includes handling an inventory of cases consistent with the level of management responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctorate required
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state of California.
- Significant legal experience required
- Management skills preferred
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of medical and other technical information
- Thorough understanding and excellent working knowledge of applicable laws and rules such as evidence, civil procedure, trial practice, and tort
- Expert litigation file handler
- Recognizes and understands the legal issues in personal injury and insurance coverage litigation
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Excellent client/claims customer skills
- Maintains a diary on all files for follow up
- Understanding of all applicable ethical duties
- Good research skills
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, annual merit reviews, and annual bonus potential. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive, flexible benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, and a 401(k) plan.
We're looking for top notch attorneys who are driven, have passion for connecting with customers and have a proven track record of high performance and solution-based legal strategies.