Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) provides all information infrastructures, including all aspects of Progressive's computing, data network and telecommunications systems. ETS is broken into -6- main areas of: Enterprise Technology Services Operations, Enterprise Computing Services, Client Services, Network and Telecom Services, Service Management Office and Architecture. We are seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst who possesses a technical aptitude and an appetite to learn new things. This person must have proven experience generating functional and technical requirements with a deep understanding of Business Analysis (BA) enterprise and industry standard/best practices is required. A person must have highly effective people and soft skills including communication, innovativeness/initiative, collaboration and personal effectiveness is extremely important to be a productive person individually, within the team, and within the organization.|
The IT Business Systems Analyst Senior is a senior level position responsible for serving as a liaison between business groups and/or technology groups in the role of formulating and defining complex systems requirements, scope, and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Works closely with business customers to understand planned enhancements or systems modifications or specifications for new systems. Leads others in business process analysis, needs assessments, technology infrastructure evaluations, and/or preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Responsibilities include high level analysis of applications development goals, business and end-user needs, documenting requirements and making recommendations for system logic, enhancements, server capacity planning, or flow as necessary. May guide or coach less experienced staff as appropriate.
Uses skills and knowledge of a seasoned professional to recommend and apply requirements gathering and analysis methods, in addition to creative customer relationship management techniques. Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and creativity to determine an appropriate solution. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions. Manages customer relationship conflicts effectively, which includes assisting other staff with suggestions and resolutions for escalated issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or Business related discipline with at least 5-7 years of requirements gathering experience or Progressive systems experience. In lieu of a degree, related work experience will be accepted.
- An understanding of common telephony technology in larger organizations including VoIP.
- Strong understanding of common IT services housed together instead of being duplicated among applications thereby reducing redundancy.
- Experience working effectively with outside vendors implementing solutions with or for Progressive.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements within a business analysis group.
- Work experience reflecting that you ensure analysis strategies, methodologies, standards and best practices are documented, communicated and adhered to during your analysis effort.
- Experience working with a project team that includes various roles such as Project Management, Quality Assurance Analysts, Development and multiple business customers.
- Excellent IT skills with a strong working knowledge of associated applications, and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Strong technology aptitude required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others. The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work on and lead multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously.
- The ability to support department goals that align with current and future Company objectives and initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for moderate to complex issues, escalating those that require management involvement, when necessary.
- Must be ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.