Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
The Legal Assistant performs a variety of complex confidential and administrative duties in support of an attorney or group of attorneys. Under the direction of the attorneys, this position assists in preparing complex legal documents and filing court papers, and provides administrative support including file maintenance, maintaining calendars and meeting schedules. It requires strong working knowledge of legal terminology and document formats, such as contracts, briefs, complaints and motions. The Legal Assistant works independently on various projects with general direction from attorneys.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school education with 5 plus years of prior administrative work experience in a business office environment supporting a professional team.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in legal environment, preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Legal terminology and procedures
- Ability to operate a personal computer with a good working knowledge of the following software applications: Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent typing skills with special attention to grammar and accuracy
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
- Good time management and organizational skills required to provide support to a large group of professionals
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
For more information regarding Progressive and our available openings, visit us at progressive.com/jobs.