| Job Description: ||
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously turn the insurance industry upside down with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
We are seeking an experienced Plant Engineer for our Colorado Springs Data Center. This position requires rotating weekend shifts within in a 24X7 Data Center environment. This exciting opportunity will be responsible for troubleshooting building temperature, lighting, repairing and maintaining electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems or equipment. Additional duties include collecting and recording results of water sample testing, operating plant automated systems and monitoring multiple buildings from a central processing computerized unit. Verify equipment operation by performing maintenance readings and identifying building or equipment issues. Equipment may include chillers, pumps, cooling towers, generators, diesel fuel, tanks, fuel polishing systems, electrical switch gear rooms, UPS rooms, UPS battery rooms, PDU, RPP, CRACS which could impact the operation of these systems.
Education / Certifications / Licenses / Designations
- Three to five years of experience with commercial or industrial mission critical application required.
- Building Automation System (BAS) experience and fire/life safety system experience required.
- 5 years of Chiller Plant operation experience.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, plumbing in a commercial or industrial setting.
- Data Center / raised floor experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with commercial HVAC systems required.
- Must have knowledge of switchgear, generators, chillers and UPS systems.
- Strong knowledge of low/medium voltage and the ability to interpret blueprints is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, and EPA standards required.
- Strong computer skills - MS Excel, MS Word, Lotus Notes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Universal CFC certification required
- HVAC technical training required
- 10-30 hours OSHA for general industry required
- Appropriate licenses and certifications as required by the state or municipality required.
- Completion of a formal operations certification program is desired.
- Valid drivers license required. The qualified candidate must meet the qualifications in Progressive's Driving Policy both at the time of hire and throughout employment.
What Progressive Offers:
- Primarily in a professional office environment, however, work conditions typical and customary to the trade are expected (including time spent outdoors and on rooftops).
- Must be able to move and/or lift 50 lbs.
- Rotating "on-call" responsibilities required. Flexibility needed in work location and work schedule, including overtime as needed. This position is expected to work 2 nd or 3 rd shift, rotating weekends and holidays Extended hours may be necessary to meet the demands of the position.
- Exposure to chemicals, equipment, noise and other work conditions typically found in a commercial facility is possible.
- Outside work may involve extreme weather conditions.
- Some travel required.
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- Gainshare bonus of up to 24% of salary (Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Child Care Assistance