| Job Description: ||
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
We are seeking to hire a Public Relations Manager to develop, execute and manage all functions within the public relations department, including proactive public relations, issues management, brand reputation, media training, social media engagement and community/social responsibility outreach. The qualified candidate will also work directly with the Director of Communications and the Chief Marketing Officer, as well as stakeholders throughout the business to communicate plans and progress and identify new media opportunities. Additional responsibilities include planning/managing press tours, public relations events, developing product or corporate communication initiatives and provide training, development, mentoring and consultation to direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
What Progressive offers..............
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or other marketing related field
- At least 8 years of related experience in a corporate setting (Fortune 500 or financial a plus, publicly traded company experience required)
- Excellent media relations skills and established relationships
- Proven experience securing national print and broadcast coverage
- Proven experience developing and executing high impact PR campaigns
- Ability to strategize. Communicate, plan, organize and establish priorities with the team
- Demonstrated organizational, budget, project and time management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products as well as Keynote
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop and manage campaigns, projects, budgets and teams independently and confidently
- Extensive writing and presentation skills in all forms of corporate and executive communication, and the ability to supply authored samples
- Must work well under pressure and handle multiple priorities and deadlines
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- A bonus program based on the company's performance
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Casual dress and a great culture
- On-site clinical care, cafeteria, and fitness center
- Ongoing training and career advancement
- A 401K with a 6% company match