| Job Description: ||
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
We are seeking to hire a Senior Crisis Communications Representative to handle media calls, develop proactive public relations initiatives and manage regulatory or legislative issues across the country. The focus of this position will require reactive public relations, crisis or issues communications- written and verbal, media monitoring and ensure the protection of the Progressive brand and reputation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
What Progressive offers........
- Bachelor's degree (preferred majors include Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or English) or equivalent experience
- A minimum of eight years of crisis communications experience within a publicly held company is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have broad range of public relations experience, including proactive/reactive public relations, national media relations, and social media experience.
- The ability to write clearly and accurately on a multitude of issues to a variety of audiences
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and executing special events
- The ability to manage professional service firms, such as public relations agencies.
- The ability to understand complex business issues, a strategic approach to public communication tactics and national/local media markets
- The ability to research, interpret and present available market data, its media news worthiness
- A strong audio/visual production skills, high attention to detail and a high level customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Lotus Notes databases
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- A bonus program based on the company's performance
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Casual dress and a great culture
- On-site clinical care, cafeteria, and fitness center
- Ongoing training and career advancement
- A 401K with a 6% company match