Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Picture a career where you provide analytical support to drive the business of an innovative Fortune 500 company. Redefining the auto insurance industry since 1937, Progressive, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest providers of personal auto insurance in the U.S. Working at Progressive means having extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work with diverse, bright colleagues in an innovative, dynamic atmosphere, where results are rewarded. |
Senior Data Analyst
The Systems Experience group in PL CRM is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support key customer platform initiatives that are vital to the advancement of Progressive's overall goals of becoming a destination insurer and providing extraordinary customer experience. In this role, a person will provide strong analytical support for making quality improvements to Progressive's customer data which is the backbone for all customer experience related projects and cross-sell efforts. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to make strategic recommendations and directly contribute to key business initiatives like Household view, Customer summary page, Customer Matching improvements etc. The person is required to help to optimize cross selling efforts and identify the target customer groups for our existing as well as new offers. The person will also be expected to improve our reporting and modeling, identify interesting (or alarming) trends, assist with data mining, craft statistically valid experiments and hypothesis tests, and help build compelling CBAs.
This opportunity can increase one's business skills due to the need to work closely with both the business and IT sides of Progressive in understanding their evolving requirements to deliver practical solutions of real business benefit. A person in this role will help to identify problem areas, design projects that will enhance the quality of data. The person will need to exhibit the ability to provide technical and analytical solutions while acutely tuning into the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics.
* Five years business experience with two years prior analysis experience.
* Master's degree in lieu of experience.
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge.
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros.
* Database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format.
* Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations.
* Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Have demonstrated expertise with PC SAS
- Proficiency in working with MBI (MDW, CIW)
- Strong SQL database experience including proficiency in SQL query coding is strongly preferred
- Experience working with Household View Data Mart is also preferred
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, annual merit reviews, and annual bonus potential. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive, flexible benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, and a 401(k) plan. We're looking for top notch analysts who are driven, have passion for connecting with customers and have a proven track record of high performance and solution-based analytical strategies.