| Job Description: ||
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
We are seeking to hire a Senior Media Manager to manage the national media campaign for Progressive. Responsibilities will include managing multi-platform package, sponsorships and creating and maintaining complex media relationships while establishing clear objectives, communications, and action plans in line with Progressive's marketing strategy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage the media staff including employment decisions, performance management, compensation, and employee development.
- Monitor national media budget and plans.
- Maintain the end to end life cycle of media and sponsorship buys; from concept development phase through presentation of detailed plans, proposal, execution, and creative traffic.
- Negotiate and secure appropriate media exposure and manage all purchased media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
What Progressive offers..............
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Graduate degree preferred
- Ten years media buyer experience, with media planner experience as Associate or Media Director
- Significant experience in purchasing national TV (both scatter and upfront, broadcast and cable) and other national media, including multi-platform packages and sponsorships
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and mentor staff to achieve results
- Broad knowledge of media and advertising from both a planning and buying perspective. Digital or alternative media experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to influence others to achieve desired results and work with senior managers
- Exceptional negotiation skills and strong working knowledge of market research
- Ability to use various media software and data to analyze and make valid projections for ratings performance, media delivery and planning purposes (software and research applications include Strata, IMS, MRI, Nielsen, Arbitron, Radar, SQAD, Ad*Views, AdMeasure)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of creativity
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- A bonus program based on the company's performance
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Casual dress and a great culture
- On-site clinical care, cafeteria, and fitness center
- Ongoing training and career advancement
- A 401K with a 6% company match