Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people help make Progressive a successful, energetic, forward-moving organization. Time after time, Progressive has turned the insurance industry upside down through its innovative services and its use of technology. We have a strong record of investment in training and development for all employees, as well as the stability of a company that does business the right way with solid core values. Come join our team!|
The Technical Escalation Manager position manages a second level technical escalation team within a Tier 1 Service Desk organization. They will manage a team of individuals responsible for providing technical support to Progressive employees and our external Agents.
This experienced manager will create strong partnerships across the organization to enable effective coordination and communication of critical issues to improve the customer experience.
The position will be located in Cleveland; however, there will have direct reports in Colorado Springs. The team is currently in the process of getting cross-trained to support our customer types (Claims, Agent and all other - IT). The individuals reporting to this manager will be a variety of IT, Claims and Agent skilled Service Desk Representatives. There will be approximately 13-15 direct reports.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the implementation and support of new business applications and the use of new diagnostic tools.
- Manages resources/tools to support the department across multiple functional areas.
- Monitors the performance of resources, which includes ensuring assigned tasks are completed, addressing and resolving performance related issues, providing feedback on performance, delivering tough messages, preparing and delivering performance evaluations, and working to identify and address training needs.
- Functions as a source of information to others regarding changes in the business as well as standard operating procedures.
- Evaluates available managerial tools to assist in reaching departmental goals.
- Evaluates effectiveness of process workflows and programs; identifies priorities, customer/business impact and develops action plans to drive change.
- Oversees implementation and execution of process improvement initiatives, which includes developing business justifications and cost benefit analysis as required.
- May lead high-level projects or assign project resources to project teams, and oversees the project workload for each person on the team.
- May function as the contact person for projects involving application teams to ensure minimal impact to customers for application rollouts and changes.
- Leads high-level projects or assigns project resources to project teams, and oversees the project workload.
- May provide direction to lower-level management teams regarding metric and service improvements, and leads projects regarding service improvements.
- Assists IT departments with the development of roll-out and support plans for new applications.
- May assist with the screening, interviewing, data integration, and hiring decisions for staffing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT discipline OR at least four years of experience in a professional IT related role.
- Eight years of IT related experience, including three years or greater in a management role within a Technical area.
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, including various levels of management.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to execute short-range plans (i.e., 30-90 days). Should also have the ability to react quickly to issues, and develop both short and long term solutions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize, and pay close attention to details.
- Advanced PC skills with a working knowledge of associated software, including spreadsheets.
Some travel may be required.
• Bonus program based on the company's performance
• Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
• On-site clinical care and fitness center
• 401K with a 6% company match
Find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Explore your Progressive side at jobs.progressive.com. Once you complete your profile and apply to one of our openings, you will be able to monitor your status in the hiring process by logging back into your candidate account at any time! A representative from Progressive's Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.