Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
Consultant – Workforce Development is a software engineering position that will assist in transforming training delivery within the Verizon Wireless Learning and Development organization. We’re looking for a clever programmer who’s excited about leveraging new technology to design new systems from scratch and maintain and extend existing applications. This position may work out of any major VZW location.
• Design, develop and implement the training content delivery platform/framework to integrate technology in the classroom and merge online and instructor led training.
• Develop large-scale business applications and APIs that push the boundaries of what we can typically do with static online training.
• Work with IT partners to evaluate, gather requirements for, and implement new web technologies in-house.
• Define, execute and automate workflows for deploying, updating and bug-fixing a variety of online training content.
• Develop Single-Sign-On based application integrations and work with IT Security partners to perform a variety of security assessments.
• Collaborate with team members in a Scrum/Agile development environment.
• Work with cross-functional teams to implement content and learning management solutions in information sharing application platforms.
• Responsible for troubleshooting system and end-user issues to determine the root cause of the problem and determine mitigation steps.
• Identify redundant processes and procedures and implement automated solutions.
• Maintain content publishing templates that allow content developers to quickly release training.
• 3 to 5 years of developing, testing and implementing scalable and efficient web-based and mobile applications.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Previous web development experience - front-end, back-end and third-party data access and mobile applications.
• Previous experience with modern web frameworks, including jQuery/Zepto and PhoneGap.
• Database experience (data modeling, SQL writing, schema migrations, ETL processes)
• Experience using version control systems like SVN and/or Git - a good understanding of branching, merging, and deployment in to production systems.
• Design patterns and object-oriented programming experience.
• Familiar with modern software engineering practices like: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews.
• Ability to transform XML content into FO/PDF using XSLT stylesheets.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.