Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
How many times a day do you send a text message, make a call to a friend, or update your Facebook via your phone? Let’s face it you couldn’t survive without your cell phone. Why not make the wireless industry your career? If you want to work with the best, Verizon Wireless is the place to be! At VZW, we value the ideas, enthusiasm and ambition that you bring. We'll expect you to take ownership of your job, your projects, and your career. There truly are no limits to what you can achieve. By participating in a Verizon Wireless Spring Co-op, you will be able to transfer the valuable skills that you have learned in the classroom into real world experience. A VZW Co-op is a paid internship. By working forty hours a week, Monday through Friday, you will understand the ins and outs of the wireless industry. With free access to the fitness center, paid holidays, and the ability to contribute to your 401k, a VZW Internship is an excellent opportunity to stand out among your peers. Responsibilities: Troubleshooting and resolving system problems that include, but are not limited to, collecting and post processing 4G LTE RF performance/interference data, poor originations/terminations, poor SINR, identifying low data rates and capacity needs; call flow verification resolving customer service issues - trouble tickets;
To be successful you’ll need:
• To be enrolled in a full time Undergraduate/Graduate degree program
3.0 GPA or better
• Previous internship experience is preferred
• Interest in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Ability to collect and Analyze performance/usage data and utilize it to identify trends
• Strong analytical skills and solid communication skills
• Strong computer skills in MS Office (especially Excel) to generate reports
• CCNA, CCNP, or equivalent IP networking certifications is a plus.
• Wireshark, Netscout, or other protocol analyzer experience preferred.
• Experience with programming/scripting, or system administration is a plus.
• Experience in the IP networking or data communications detailed undergraduate/graduate degree coursework in IP networking topics.
• Experience in examining and working with network protocols.
• Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
• Ability to work flexible hours and support night work as needed
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.