| Job Description: ||
Company: AVI BioPharma
Job Title: Accounting Manager, Government Contracts
Location: Bothell, WA
At AVI BioPharma we are focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for rare and infectious diseases, as well as select other diseases targets. By leveraging our highly differentiated RNA antisense-based technology platform, we have built a pipeline of potentially transformative therapeutic agents, including a clinical stage Duchenne muscular dystrophy candidate and anti-infective candidates for influenza and hemorrhagic fever viruses.
AVI is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Manager - Government Contracts to be responsible for the accounting and financial management of Department of Defense U.S. Government contracts which are subject to Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) reporting and compliance. Responsibilities include overseeing the accounting, financial management, compliance, and government reporting under EVMS for the companies Department of Defense contracts. This position is also responsible for working directly with the project management team and senior level management to provide financial reporting and analysis. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and functional direction to the Company to facilitate the accounting and reporting of government contracts in accordance with GAAP, government regulations and EVMS principles.
- Establish, monitor and evaluate Company policies, methods, operating procedures and practices for compliance with government requirements and contracts.
- Review and/or prepare monthly and periodic financial reports for government compliance and management.
- Prepare, analyze and evaluate proposals and government contracts to ensure financial viability
- Responsible for the validation and related audits of the Company’s financial systems and procedures by DCMA.
- Participate in review and preparation of contracts with legal and other departments.
- Maintain project cost and task codes and review financial data for proper project coding.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required, CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of overall accounting experience with at least 3 years in Government contract accounting and compliance
- EVMS expertise with working knowledge of CPFF and FAR rules and regulations
- Work effectively with other senior management and other team members
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Other duties as required
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
AVI offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
AVI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.