Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|State:||New York (NY)|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
Assist the RF Design Team in the design of the Verizon Wireless cellular network system and become familiar with the technology, tools and processes, including but not limited to:
• Analysis of key performance metrics and understanding of CDMA/EvDO/LTE principles.
• Drive testing and post-processing methodology utilizing automated tools.
• Maintain and update databases and documentation to support RF Design Engineers. Write macros/programs to improve/enhance data mining for RF Design.
• Manage multiple projects
• Prepare daily status reports and distribute to management.
• Conduct network system usage/demand studies.
• Work with VZW regulatory teams to file and obtain approvals for Antenna design work.
• Help address and oversee day to day network tasks.
• Junior level or higher standing and a minimum GPA of
3.00 in electrical engineering, mathematics or computer science.
• An interest in communications, electromagnetics, probability and antenna theory preferred.
• Good awareness of cellular concepts and services.
• Programming background is a plus. Well developed PC skills and knowledge of UNIX, C, DOS, Perl and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) applications are required.
• Self motivated individual that can work under minimal supervision and has the ability to work with a group as well as individually and is a team player.
• Excellent organizational skills and good writing and communications skills.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.