| Job Description: ||
Silver Line by Andersen is an industry leader in the manufacture of vinyl windows and doors. Celebrating over 60 years of history, we've been committed to producing exceptional windows; windows that enhance the home and improve the life of the homeowner. We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer in Lithia Springs, GA who will be responsible for supporting quality systems and programs for our manufacturing facility. Position is responsible for creating and updating quality standards as well as training material, documentation development and administration and provide coaching and guidance to Quality Technicians.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support the development of quality systems, programs, training tools, documents, and manuals. Coordinate distribution of these materials to all facilities.
- Document new/updated standards to meet customer expectations.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for critical to quality production processes.
- Create shop floor control plans and supporting documentation.
- Create interfaces with production equipment to capture and extract quality data. Develop run charting tools and systems.
- Develop tools to monitor quality of all incoming materials, vendor parts and components.
- Maintain the Extrusion Non-Conformance system ensure the database is complete and accurate. Develop training tools and train other quality team members to use the non-conformance system.
- Update documentation and procedures affected by Engineering Change Notices.
- Develop tools to monitor internal and external metrics for measuring quality.
- Attend regular weekly conference call in meetings with all plants to be informed of communications on current issues as well as proposed changes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of corrective measures resulting from root cause analysis
- Develop gauges and other tools for assessing conformance of manufactured parts to specifications.
- Assist with code and regulatory compliance in all facilities – provide tools and training to ensure plants are prepared for 3rd party inspections.
- Support the Continuous improvement team and lean manufacturing implementations.
- Support the packaging committee activities. Address all packaging related issues.
- Develop packaging solutions and documentation as needed.
- Participate in the Corporate and Plant specific Quality Audits.
- Engineering degree preferred (Mechanical or Industrial).
- Will consider equivalent experience for this position.
- 3 - 5 years experience as Manager in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exposure to lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of statistical quality methods a plus.
- PLC experience and training a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401K, and more! If you are interested in joining our growing team, please email your resume and salary requirements to Hratlanta@slbp.com (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE). Visit our website at: www.silverlinewindows.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.