Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time. |
This position supervises House Counsel attorneys and/or support staff including employment decisions, performance management, compensation and reward planning, employee development and monitoring of department budget. This position includes handling an inventory of cases consistent with the level of management responsibilities. T his is a House Counsel litigation position where you try cases and directly manage people who litigate and try cases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctorate required
- Active member of the Georgia bar, in good standing
- Management skills preferred
- Thorough understanding and excellent working knowledge of applicable laws and rules such as evidence, civil procedure, trial practice, and tort
- Ability to execute organizational strategy
- Recognizes and understands the legal issues in personal injury and insurance coverage litigation
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Excellent client/claims customer skills
- Maintains a diary on all files for follow up
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective team player
- Understanding of all applicable ethical duties
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, annual merit reviews, and annual bonus potential. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive, flexible benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, and a 401(k) plan. We're looking for top notch attorneys who are driven, have passion for connecting with customers and have a proven track record of high performance and solution-based legal strategies.
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
To explore our many opportunities, please visit our website at jobs.progressive.com.