Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|State:||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
This position is a high profile key development role within Verizon Wireless Device Marketing organization. The successful candidate will be working within the Wireless Device Marketing team to support and manage the administration of key support systems and services: VZWDOCs Sharepoint and Quality Center issue management system. The QC/Sharepoint Specialist is responsible for 4 primary functions: (1) Direct ownership for providing administration of user accounts for Sharepoint and Quality Center. (2) Providing user technical support for VZW users and external business partners. Upgrading system components. (3) Developing scripting language to add new features and functionality. (4) Monitoring usage, performance and generating metrics and reports. * Development & Management - The Quality Center/Sharepoint Specialist is responsible for managing 6 template and 9 production Quality Center projects and databases. Projects include device issue management, device entity, device submission and requirements CR tracker. Key Projects:
• Defining and maintaining the HP Quality Center requirements, features and improvements. Responsible for defining all required database fields across multiple systems (Device Blog, Device Portal, and Device Forums) within the Quality Center.
• Design, develop and test Quality Center workflow code. This will include debugging, new feature/functionality improvements and additional reporting portal interfaces. * Management - The Quality Center/Sharepoint Specialist is also responsible for managing the VZWDOCs Sharepoint and Accellion secure FTP sites. Key Projects:
• Creating accounts for internal/external users and assigning the correct access permissions.
• Providing usage and space and metrics reports. * Creating, provisioning and maintaining user accounts for Quality Center. Providing end user technical support and processing CSRs. * Creating and presenting material to train end users (VZW and external parties) on Quality Center and Device Forums operation, features and use.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science. Other degrees will be considered based on experience.
• 4+ years experience in system administration.
• 2+ years experience in wireless industry with in-depth knowledge of wireless devices and overall mobile industry is required.
• Experience using and administering HP Quality Center (formerly Mercury)
• Experience using and administering Microsoft Sharepoint portals
• Working knowledge of Oracle/SQL database administration
• Design, development and testing experience with VB Scripting or Visual Basic
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and communicate highly complex technical information. Flexibility and adaptability to frequently changing priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
• Delivering assignments on time
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Proven record of independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ability to undertake multiple initiatives simultaneously is highly desired
• Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
• Strong working knowledge of wireless concepts
• Critical thinking, decision-making and leadership aptitudes. Deep passion towards learning about new wireless products, devices and software technology/application trends
• Competency in using business productivity software such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, etc.
• Availability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, when requested on occasion
• Occasional travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.