Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| Verizon Wireless|
The Technician - Switch position is responsible for the advanced operations and maintenance support of the enterprise wide Verizon Wireless Voice and Data Networks. The selected candidate must have the ability to perform complex problem diagnostics and resolution, with or without established processes, by utilizing independent thought as well as knowledge of commonly-used industry concepts, practices and procedures.
• Responsible for researching and resolving trouble tickets and system alarms and determining severity and effect repair and resolution. Execute appropriate response actions to quickly remedy the situation.
• Responsible for the daily monitoring of network voice and data equipment.
• Responsible for performing programming duties and supporting the full lifecycle of Web-based applications; experience with UNIX Solaris, Apache, MySQL, PHP (Zend Framework), Revision Control Systems (Subversion preferred), HTML, XML, SOAP and SNMP is required.
• Prioritizes, and manages the work activities relevant to areas of responsibility.
• Participates in cross-functional projects as required.
• Night Shift and on-call rotation duties required
• Must be able to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision.
• Minimum Associates degree is required.
• At least 3 years experience in the telephony industry, preferably with wireless carriers, telecommunications (cellular or landline) switching systems
• At least 3 years experience with the UNIX operating system, preferably on SUN platforms.
• Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support.
• Experience in Nortel/Ericsson wireless/packet switching systems.
• Experience in LAN/WAN operations and IP connectivity.
• Experience working with Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR; Cisco CCNA is a plus).
• Demonstrated knowledge of power and data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, ATM, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, other LAN/WAN protocols is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DS-0) is required.
• Demonstrated the ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize in a nonstop environment.
• Strong communication skills in order to take control and lead an outage bridge to resolution.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook is required Minimum.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.