Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:|| State Farm Insurance|
Why State Farm? |
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States and an insurance leader in Canada.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, :Like a good neighbor...: isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
Works with clients to analyze needs for information and converts them into action items, requests or projectsManages and/or conducts various phases of research including: proposal, design, execution etc.Will be assigned to a specific area such as: Consumer, Operations & Business, Auto Technology, Building Technology, Organizational Behavior and Usability Research or the Research and Development CenterBuilds and maintains strong relationships with manufacturers and facilitates related work across State Farm
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
Applies specialized knowledge of research concepts and techniques to a broad range of disciplines within researchFamiliar with insurance principles and insurance and financial services operations affecting work of unit
ITEMS OF NOTE
* Performs all aspects of project management, including project planning, project execution, client relations, and deliverable development
* Handles complex technical/research issues and applies specialized knowledge of research concepts and techniques to a broad range of disciplines
* Works independently; initiates guidance when necessary
* Manages concurrent requests/projects
* Communicates messages/results to all levels of management and peers
* May train and mentor other team/unit members
* Participates on internal projects or working group committees as assigned by management
* Coordinates work across internal departments and with external vendors
* Utilizes available internal/external resources to assist with various phases of research
* Proactively shares new insights and presents research results to key stakeholders throughout the enterprise.
* Represents State Farm with external industry associates, vendors, consultants, universities and/or governmental agencies in area of expertise.
Location: This position is located at State Farm's Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, IL, which is centrally located two hours from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
Seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
* 5-7 years' experience in vehicle systems design and/or research.
* Expertise and experience in vehicle design, kinematics, safety, crash and injury causation analysis, event and field data capture and analysis, materials science, advanced crash avoidance technology, trend identification, and overall vehicle performance.
* Demonstrated proficiency in developing and directing complex research studies.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze engineering problems and be a thought leader in developing innovative solutions.
* Successful record of experimental design and execution.
* Fundamental knowledge of vehicle technology and trends.
* Superior presentation and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present with confidence and poise to diverse audiences.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes: Competitive starting salary
Annual merit reviews
Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more. To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer